Volunteers play a central role in the life of Pride Toronto
The Festival is produced by year-round volunteers, each working together to produce the Pride Festival in conjunction with full time staff. Each team is led by two or three Team Leads who manage the activities of the Team and its members. Our volunteers are an important part of Pride Festival planning who together; Help Make Pride Happen!
- Contribute to the success of Toronto's annual Pride Week Festival
- Learn about the Queer Community
- Gain transferrable skills that add to your abilities
- Meet new people
- Lend your talents to one of Canada's most influential cultural Festivals
- Work in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Receive mentoring from core staff that have valuable experience
- Get involved and give back
- Because Volunteers Make Pride Happen!
Getting Involved YEAR-ROUND
There are several capacities in which to volunteer with Pride Toronto.
Our Volunteer Teams work year-round and are responsible for producing the Festival by focusing on one of its main components. Those teams include:
- Arts & Culture
- Clean Sober & Proud
- Digital Media
- Dyke March
- Environmental Sustainability
- Family Pride
- Festival Outreach
- Festival Research
- Human Rights Program
- International Grand Marshal
- Public Safety
- Trans Pride
- Weekend Volunteer
- Weekend Food & Beverage
- Welcome Centres
Each team is then broken up into team leads / advisors and team members:
- Team Leads – Leads manage and execute their respective Festival components including: managing a budget and volunteer Team, logistics and final execution. These individuals bring a wealth of knowledge and various experiences incorporated into planning. Teams are composed of two or three Team Leads who commit to a two Festival year term. Depending on the Team, Team leads can work anywhere from 5-15 hours a month, with time commitments increasing for all closer to the Festival, and Team Leads are expected to be on-site throughout the entire Festival weekend. This volunteer opportunity is best suited to those looking to gain valuable work experience.
- Advisors – Advisor positions that work directly with staff to provide advice and assistance on a number of issues. Advisors commit to volunteering in that capacity for one Pride Festival season. Advisor roles are suited to those who have an expertise in; or would like to gain expertise in a specific area of Festival planning. These roles tend to work more closely with Staff. This volunteer opportunity is best suited to those looking to gain valuable work experience.
- Team Members: Team Members commit to a one Festival year term on a given Team and work together under the supervision and guidance of Team Leads to accomplish the Teams' goals. Depending on the Team, Members can range from 2-10, and the time commitment is also dependant on the Team, but can range from 5-10 hours a month. This volunteer opportunity is best suited to those looking to gain valuable work experience without as much of a time commitment, or responsibility as a Team Lead.
If you're interested in joining one of these teams, check out our list of:
Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
Our Weekend Volunteers Make Pride Happen. All the strategic planning before the Festival becomes reality with the help of hundreds of weekend volunteers that commit to at least one shift during the Weekend of Pride Week. Weekend Volunteers dedicate four hours or more to a specific volunteer shift during the weekend of the Festival. They are recruited, oriented, and scheduled by the Weekend Volunteer Team with the support of the Volunteer Program Manager.
Please stay tuned for Weekend Volunteer opportunities!
WorldPride 2014 Toronto / Pride Toronto currently has the following Team Lead / Advisor vacancies:
- Accessibility (1 vacancy)
- Clean Sober & Proud (1vacancy)
- Communications Advisors (2 vacancies)
- Events (2 vacancies)
- Festival Research (1 vacancy)
- Beverage Garden Managers (3 vacancies)
- Pride Week Partners (1 vacancy)
We are also looking for dedicated Team Members for many of our teams.