April 12, 2013 Do You Have What It Takes To Be A SuperQueer Pride Hero!?!
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A SuperQueer Pride Hero!?!
Are you Fun, Friendly and Fab?
If so, Pride Toronto is looking for volunteers to represent our theme of SuperQueer and act as Pride Heroes for Pride 2013.
Pride Heroes will be expected to commit to at least 5 days activities leading up to the 2013 Festival and be available everyday over the festival weekend.
Some of events/activities that Pride Heroes will expect to be part of include:
- The Pride Parade
- The Official Launch Party
- Promotional materials including web videos, which may also be used to promote WorldPride 2014
- The Rainbow Flag Raising at City Hall
- + More!
Pride Toronto is welcoming individuals of all forms of diversity, all body types, ages, ethnicities, as well as all forms of gender identity, expression, and sexual orientation to submit the following:
- A photo of yourself
- A paragraph about yourself including what SuperQueer means to you
- Any relevant performance experience (previous performance experience is NOT a requirement for the Pride Heroes)
If you are interested in becoming a Pride Hero please submit the above to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24th
Individuals selected will be asked to come in for auditions and be prepared to show us what SuperQueer means to them on Sunday, April 28th
About Pride Toronto
Pride Toronto is the not‐for‐profit organization that hosts Pride Week, an annual event in downtown Toronto during the last week of June. Pride Week is one of the premier arts and cultural festivals in Canada. It is also one of the largest Pride celebrations in the world with an estimated attendance of over 1.2 million people. It celebrates the history, courage, diversity and future of Toronto's LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities.
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allies