September 9, 2013 Board of Directors: Call for candidates
Pride Toronto is seeking individuals for its Board of Directors to help lead the organization for the next three (3) years. We are seeking people who support the objectives and activities of the organization. Pride Toronto exists to celebrate the history, courage, diversity and future of Toronto's LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities. Pride Toronto is the not-for-profit organization that hosts Pride Week, one of the premier arts and cultural festivals in Canada. Pride Week is also one of the largest Pride celebrations in the world, with an estimated attendance of over 1.2 million people celebrating the history, courage, diversity and future of Toronto's LGBTTIQQ2SA communities.
Pride Toronto strongly encourages women and individuals from historically marginalized and disadvantaged communities to apply to increase the diversity of the Board. Our goal is to ensure fair representation from all communities served by Pride Toronto.
If interested, e-mail your resume and covering letter to: Kerry Bell, Chair, Board Recruitment and Development Committee email@example.com
All applications MUST be received by Friday September 27th, 2013 at 11:59pm
Interviews will be held in the evenings between September 30th - October 7th, please ensure your availability
In 2014 Pride Toronto will be hosting the WorldPride celebration, the first ever to be held in North America. WorldPride is licensed by InterPride, the international association of Pride organizations.
The role of Pride Toronto’s Board is to be involved in the:
- Ongoing evaluation of the organization’s mission, vision, values and its strategic direction
- Community and stakeholder outreach
- Evaluation of the internal and external structures of the organization
- Financial oversight (due diligence)
Directors are expected to:
- Commit to a three-year term, devoting a minimum of ten (10) hours per month to the organization
- Attend all monthly board meetings, well prepared in advance
- Sit on standing committees and ad hoc committees
- Participate in Pride Toronto events, including Annual and General Meetings, training, outreach, fundraising events, press conferences, Monthly Team Meetings and other activities as necessary
- Be responsive to email (check at least once per day) and voicemail communication
In addition to meeting the requirements outlined above, ideal candidates for Board will have demonstrated experience and qualification in a number of the following areas:
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resources
- Financial Management
- Previous Festival Experience
We thank all applicants but only suitably qualified individuals will be invited for interviews.
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allies