Mission + Vision + Values
Pride Toronto exists to celebrate the history, courage, diversity and future of Toronto's LGBTTIQQ2SA* communities.
The mission of WorldPride 2014 Toronto is to hold an international celebration incorporating activism, education, and the history and culture of global LGBTTIQQ2SA communities. It will highlight Canada’s continued progress in human rights, and the diversity and dynamism of Toronto.
* Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer/Questioning, 2 Spirited, Allies
Pride Toronto will:
- Run a not-for-profit organization, committed to volunteers and staff.
- Create a safe space to engage communities in the celebration of their sexuality.
- Coordinate a series of pre-eminent arts & cultural events, including the annual Pride celebration, that empower and support our communities.
- Connect with and help develop our communities, fostering essential partnerships.
- Capture and build upon our organization's and our communities' history.
- Provide a platform for education through a significant public presence.
- Honour – our past by remembering our history.
- Protect – our future by reaching out, educating and defending our right to celebrate.
- Value Diversity – by accepting and respecting differences and working to understand the diverse cultural complexities that influence identity, assumptions, behaviours, expectations, and beliefs.
- Celebrate – with provocative, racy, and outrageous events
- Engage – the diversity of our communities to participate in events and facilitate community development.
- Recognize – and acknowledge, the involvement and contributions of volunteers, staff and stakeholders.
- Respect – volunteers, staff and stakeholders by creating and sustaining an environment where we treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Sustain – the organization by ensuring transparency in our actions and accountability with, and to, our communities.
- Manage – with fiscal responsibility and foresight, ensuring the viability of the organization and the fulfillment of its mission.